forum.nofna.com
November 25, 2017, 05:51:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Squintshipping  (Read 3449 times)
Kiniro

« on: July 27, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »

There have been hints here and there that perhaps Nutsedge has a crush on SV. Personally, I think it's possible! The way she acts enraged when SV brings up her boyfriend - the way she is inexplicably protective of / devoted to him. I think when he said "you only wanted me as your markscraft", her reaction (anger) is most easily explained as "How oblivious are you to the fact that I have a huge crush on you!? How could you think that of me??"

Then again, we know that in the NoFNA world it would be unusual for cross-species attraction, especially for such a different pair of body types. Remember one character said of Fiat that her muzzle shape was unattractive to him as a (whatever species he was I don't remember) ? So if the shape of your muzzle is a big enough difference to make you "ugly" to another species, how could a degu possibly be attractive to a jerboa?

Thoughts?
natoon

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:05:17 AM »

She's got a hand fetish, I'll bet.   Wink

I don't know - if two people of different species could connect on a deep emotional level, I guess they could fall in love!  The thing about animals with halos able to communicate and identify so strongly with each other almost as if their were no species difference.  But of course there is, so perhaps those feelings would have to stay on an emotional level in some cases. "don't do anything seeds wouldn't do," and all that.

Thinking of that scene, I'm thinking the attraction might be mutual - if not entirely conscious.
Kiniro

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that line! I'm trying to remember if "seeds" was capitalized or not - if it's the name of a cross-species Romeo, or if it's a saying that suggests the seeds of plants only mingle with their own species' or something? Maybe something else... hm.
Corvidophile

WAAAUUUGGHHH.

Eonyoshi@aol.com Corvidophil3
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »

"So if the shape of your muzzle is a big enough difference to make you "ugly" to another species, how could a degu possibly be attractive to a jerboa?"

I think that this is an invalid argument on the grounds that one human being can find another human being beautiful, even if all of the rest of society finds them ugly. Theoretically, just because one animal dude thinks something has an ugly muzzle doesn't mean that another animal dude can't think it's nice, even if they're not the same species, and even if most animal dudes of his species find most animal ladies of her species hideous. Just sayin'.
Noctuidae

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:23 PM »

Does the Halo override body language then? It must do; for one animals 'friendly' body language not to be misinterpreted as being threatening to another.

Obviously different animals can love each other, but romantically?

Oh, and it was 'Seeds'. It's also interesting to go back and see how much of an influence Nutsedge has had on SV, especially his philosophy.
natoon

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »

FMI:  What is "squintshipping?"   Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: