forum.nofna.com
September 23, 2017, 11:04:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Syncope  (Read 8689 times)
Gecko

« on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »

Okay, to get the ball rolling I thought I might as well ask something; what type of animal is Syncope? I always thought he was a ferret, but looking at the last page it seems he might be a rodent..?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »

The last page doesn't include Syncope in it... Syncope hasn't been in any strips since story "Address."

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »

Syncope is a kinkajou, albeit a pretty stylized one. They're otherwise known as "honey bears" or "cat-monkeys".

After a certain strip number early on, what with Polarizing being a tamandua, Meander a maned wolf, and Syncope being a kinkajou, I decided to keep the South American theme going as much as possible. Rule and Quintet and the rabbits are kind of out of place, but I'm thinking that civilized animals migrate much more than their wild counterparts, and tend to mix it up.
Zuki

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »

So the strip is sort-of taking place in South America now, excellent.

Capybara and cavys and llamas and chinchillas, hurray!

Ordinary cats and rabbits get around a lot as it is, it's fine that they're here even if it isn't because of humanity moving them around.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »

Right! This seems like this world's equivalent of our South America. When I started the story I imagined the topography looking like the baja coastline. It should be noted that the face of the planet is quite different from ours, looking more like a Pangea than our 7 separate continents.

This kind of land formation might have drastically altered modern animal lifeforms, but I kept them the same for some recognition.

On the original topic, it probably follows from Syncope's reaction to the petulant HIOT agent that she is also a kinkajou.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:08:47 PM »

Syncope is a kinkajou, albeit a pretty stylized one. They're otherwise known as "honey bears" or "cat-monkeys".

After a certain strip number early on, what with Polarizing being a tamandua, Meander a maned wolf, and Syncope being a kinkajou, I decided to keep the South American theme going as much as possible. Rule and Quintet and the rabbits are kind of out of place, but I'm thinking that civilized animals migrate much more than their wild counterparts, and tend to mix it up.

ah i was always wanting to know. I was wondering "what the hell?" "a monkey but dosen't look like one"
Is syncope a kinky kinkajou?

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

Please direct questions about characters to the character Q&A thread.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »

Please direct questions about characters to the character Q&A thread.

ahh that was a joke.. Sad

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »

Heh, figures... I didn't see where anybody would get "kinky" from for Syncope... Roll Eyes

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 02:03:06 AM »

Heh, figures... I didn't see where anybody would get "kinky" from for Syncope... Roll Eyes

uhghn just let NofNA become uber popular and wait for fanfiction to flow in X_X

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 02:31:17 AM »

Fan art first! ...Well, you get fanart before popularity, I guess...

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Stella

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 03:05:19 AM »

I'm working on the fan art Wink
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 03:27:11 AM »

'Zactly. We already got fanart for NofNA without it being popular. That's why I said fanart first Tongue

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Randomcuriosity

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »

...Strokend has pawn'd us all. U_U;; (lol joking Wink  )
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »

Ah dun' pawn ehnabuudeh. Ah pown 'em.
(I don't pawn anybody. I pwn them.)

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Randomcuriosity

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »

'ight homes. ^_^
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »

hey why is his name the term for fainting and dizzyspells? becauce he can sence heart rythems?
*almost synocope'ed a few minntues ago..blood suger???*
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=1945&page=2#Heart%20rhythm%20changes

Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »

I do think that's why he named himself Syncope. Technically speaking, the act of syncopation is a brief disruption or suspension of rhythm or structure. It could be in the sense of a physiological glitch. But it also has application in music and linguistics.
FerrumPhantom

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 10:02:44 PM »

I do think that's why he named himself Syncope. Technically speaking, the act of syncopation is a brief disruption or suspension of rhythm or structure. It could be in the sense of a physiological glitch. But it also has application in music and linguistics.

thats what i heard. i thought Syncope meant slang or something rather, a way of speech. So when i saw how Syncope spoke i thought that made sense.

hey, on a different topic, what was the ending to the whole thing about? with the rocket and Meander running off twards it wether he knew it or not? i did not understand the end, but i did a good job of understanding the between story.   
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: