forum.nofna.com
September 23, 2017, 11:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trial Arc (A.K.A. You Can't Handle The Tooth!")  (Read 12395 times)
natoon

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 05:04:44 PM »

Rodents sitting still for hours?  Unless you're talking about porcupines (who don't worry alot about predators)
they are very high energy, high metabolism, gottamovegottamove!  That's a big part of how they stay ahead of the predators.  Very alert and very fast.  Constantly eating, too.  Those guys should be gnawing on something while they're judicating to keep their brains working.

I think the rodents just wanted it it more, eh? 
Gecko

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »

I don't know.. I've got a couple of pet rats - if they aren't high energy, I don't know what is - and they can sit pretty damn still if something frightens them. It's actually pretty disconcerting when one just sits still watching you for a long time.
Randomcuriosity

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »

Thats what I mean. Rodents gotta move when they NEED to, but when their life is on the line, they will hold still.

Maybe the development of the halo brain  implemented this reaction. Maybe, because rodents are naturally good listeners, they perfectly fit the role of judge, with their good hands.
natoon

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

I'm assuming that you didn't mean that rodents sit still for "hours" listening for predators literally, and that's my point.  Even Gecko's rats don't stare at her for hours, and they have no reason not to (given she sits still and they have a full food dish and water bottle). They have to move around.  It's that high metabolism.   They gotta eat, and nature had made them relentless hunters of food.  They stop to listen, but for a split second every couple seconds.

Strokend is right about the primates.  They must've had a headstart in the dexterous paws race.
"The race does not always go to the swift, nor the prize to the victor" or something like that.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »

Basically, the Primates didn't get it because they started first, and they finished first (As soon as you got control over the opposable-thumb-paws, it's done)?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: