forum.nofna.com
December 18, 2017, 04:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10% dub. 11/14. important question.  (Read 27451 times)
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »

Hey, Kai, do braindead Meander. If you can't do a British accent I can re-record to fit the accent you do.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »

Meander is British? I don't know how to combine Brittish with slurred slhopy talking. but I am allegedly good at being incoherent

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
Gecko

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »

Just think of a Black Country accent, haha.  Tongue
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 10:39:37 PM »

I'm playing his voice in a British accent... I can change the accent by re-recording though to suite the type of accent I think fits your fried-halo Meander (He hasn't actually spoken after becoming brain dead)

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 01:27:20 AM »

I'm playing his voice in a British accent... I can change the accent by re-recording though to suite the type of accent I think fits your fried-halo Meander (He hasn't actually spoken after becoming brain dead)

ohh ahh. wait you have a thingy to change accents? woah. I just have basic duh-duh programs ATM, AV mp3 morpher and Cam studio.
and what evder bare basic garbage windowsmovietorture gives for effects and wipes

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »

"By re-recording" means I record the thing over again from the start... Like I said, I only have a program to RECORD stuff.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »

ohh...i see.

The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »

I'm having too much trouble making my lines sound real.  I wish I were better at this, becuase I could do Polarizing.

Fire represents the creativity and passion that all intellectual and emotional beings have. It is an active force that has the passion to create and animate things.  It is believed to govern the heart, tongue, and pulse its motion is upward and its energy is expansive
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »

I'm having too much trouble making my lines sound real.  I wish I were better at this, becuase I could do Polarizing.

live it, see it, be it. put your self there, inside, feeellll it. become polarizing. sit deep down and inside and step back, wiggle around and find it!
get into a character-trance. dwell on it for some minntues before recording.

is that the issue? not 'getting into character"?

The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »

Exactly, tones and getting into Character.

Fire represents the creativity and passion that all intellectual and emotional beings have. It is an active force that has the passion to create and animate things.  It is believed to govern the heart, tongue, and pulse its motion is upward and its energy is expansive
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »

Exactly, tones and getting into Character.

ahh yeh, well like I said, seeing how the characters in this comic do things with visulations, thinking, and emulations. that can help more! maybe carry around a little picture of Polarizing and visulaize and such.
I mean I'm all talk and no action but my assumptions and realstic ablities lead me to fail at practicing what I preach.
you are not me so give it a try.
"el oh el" and junk. yeh visualize and put it in your heart.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »

They don't have specified voices. Try just speaking, and see if you got it good.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »

Personally, I regard "good acting" as being able to suspend an audience's reality check. This lies in 1) having a script that, when read, does not jar with the audience's memory of such spoken lines, and 2) understanding character motive, so that the inflection in the spoken words can match their content.

Both burdens are on me. If you feel like you can't make a line sound real, it's because the line ISN'T real. It either goes too much against the lines you know that were spoken in reality (and are therefore real), or doesn't make sense when you apply it to a real situation.

The only thing I can say is that in order for the line to sound real, it must become "real": it must make sense in a real setting. Without my involvement, this is up to the actor. How is the line real?

All of the lines in the early pages are decidedly light. They aren't real. I wasn't comparing them with my knowledge of spoken speech. So if you sound awkward to yourself, it's natural. There's no comparison between these lines and reality. The fantastic setting just amplifies that effect.

Later on, when I started to become serious, it will probably be easier to empathize with the characters enough that their lines will begin to make sense--they'll become real. At this point, you can start applying what you think are the proper inflections. After that, it's a wrap.

Kuu's advice is good. Just pretend you know nothing except what the character--the new you--knows. But this is hard, because admittedly, I don't tell the readers a lot about the characters. It's up to the actors to add in what they think they know of the character, and apply that to their lines. Does it fit? It's the actor's job to make it fit, or at least, make it seem like it fits. If a character just sounds ridiculous, then you don't have to be so serious. Go nuts! This is for fun.

Charisma comes from consistency. If you do a lot of lines, the character will automatically start to sound real. The audience won't have any other choice but to accept that after a while.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »

I'm just great at imagining I'm in a different setting... I don't have to pretend to be the character, or will myself to actually be the character, I simply am the character. But still, the advice is good. Start with pretending if you can't will yourself to actually be the character. Practice with that, and you'll be able to eventually become the character.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »

They don't have specified voices. Try just speaking, and see if you got it good.

if you look at some readings of "the black blood aliance' on youtube i thnk there are some good examples of what some want to aviod. a dull droning monotone umph-less "hai i'm reading some words aloud"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LPK7T1cNhZQ&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBDIEvO8HCU&feature=related
for somereason i find this one quite good

they have heart, I've played some games where I thought the voice acting could of had more. thats one reason i dind't like Ff10's Yuna...sometimes..it just wasn't 'there'.
I don't know how much fans have done for the furry comic "Jack" but the've been wanting to do a read-version for a long time.

I still don't know how much editing I should do for images when spliced. I'ts not a totaly new idea, I mean some others are doing pans and such and zooms. I guess thats how one translates the comic to a noisy slideshow.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: