forum.nofna.com
September 24, 2017, 12:04:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10% dub. 11/14. important question.  (Read 26985 times)
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« on: April 07, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »

Hey for rolls not appointed or grabbed or try out/played with. does anyone mind if i seek out  people who might be intersted?

this is a big endevor, even if nothing truly moves. with 200+ pages and only 7 pages per 10 minntues. this is going to feel like a 3 hour long movie.
hell not even. youtube only allows 10 minntues. I need to give an allowance time for 'episode titles' and credits, those are very important.
some episodes might run longer. I rather not have everything split up into 20 minntues. basicly when I feel a 'scene ends' thats an episode.
(see my examples down there)

Lets gather to create a cinematic slide show reading of Zack's comic, because we love it. He is allowing us to do this and is ok with me claiming to be in charge. Hi I'm the director from hell, fear my counter productivity and confusion. Here we will do voice acting, and use sound effects and premissable music to use, wich is very hard and I hope people at soundforge and acidplanet will share, because I don't think we feel like paying 40 dollars for a song.

here is the character list maybe if people feel its better to have tryouts, grab some friends and find some more fans and family to join the party. If you send me the voice files try making them work in audacity. when recording leave some room before you speek, so I can take out any fuzz/static/interference with that program. MP3 players can record, IPODs can have microphones. Find away to record, and if it is handy use a bathroom with good echo, it will be like a cheesewad sound studio. Cut off all other sound inteferance if possible.

because there are coyotes in this comic I don't know if we should settle on one pronoucation or leave it to different characters to say it differently. given dialects exist in this area of Zack's NOFNA-verse and what ever territory/country they have staked out.

when someone is referred to by  scent name, would it be said all in the letters, what they stand for or..try to make it a word or...translate it into 'human terms'.

go look for some talented people who can talk good!(im to sloppy to speek for this)

forgive me if i botched the list and act like a n000b

charactor
animals on pag 21(is there a pikachuu there?)

Bat=

gazelle from stonebrook north=
Kaiyodei try out  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Fh774UKXc (audasity can't save you!)

thing with energy drink=

grollia=

ground squirrels=

monkies(page 18)=

snake=

kola(page 23, that is a kola?)=

warthog(17)=

animal clamor

chomped mouse=

baby mouse=

Bat  153=

snake 153=

crowds

Sparrrow=

cherimoya (lol what?)=

fox from duckweed south=

quitent sibling green=
kaiyodei tryout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmdvdH_Y6sQ (how do i super clean up audio?)

quitent sibling ocher=

quitent sibling red-brown=

A giant anteater (the green text)=

The grey warthog (the powder-blue text)=

The huge boa (the dark purple text)

Sparrrow=

Latency(mortition shrew)=

Talinum (snake)=

Judge (or is that amanita?)=

Kemp=

Amanita=

Jackdaw cryer=

Cryer 2=

Haphor=

Creak(thats the name right?=

Fiat=

Keratin=

Keratin's son(Lettus?)=

Meander=
(brain fried meander?)=
Vacuous Meander=

Polarizing=

Quitent=(and her other selves?)

Ricin=

Rule=Strokend, Strokend opted to be Rule

Syncope=

cacomistle(name?)=

LLama=

viscacha(who was this again)=

capybara(whow as this again?)=

Millenary, the mouse(pink text)=
http://nofna.com/arcs/50/17.png

Polorizing Jr=
------------------------

progress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW-ExH5IG0U
I think there needs a dramatic sound for Rule's apperance there when he's yelling at Meander. not quite a dramatic revere or a gong or something. inputs? please input

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZP3PusXvUo
pages 6 to 9, no title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5ulyGlo-A
'quitent vs the coyote' this is very not done, it need a lot of sfx.

Partitioned halo, silent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzH_SkyPBbA
Partitioned halo sounds versions 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1Zf4ZHyqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymCVVN9uUE
"moral conflict, prt 1"
part 2 is like..... 4 minntues long. lulz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtS_x65Qt8

---------------

============

feed back on tweening, flow, wipes and what ever else I've done here.
I hope I give the actors enough time for talking.
I need something not wmm or pinnicle.

============

sound effects, i still might need more sound effects. free ones, ment to be free without a fee, and not stolen, but I might need to settle for stolen sounds for the fight scenes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SWtlHvG9kh8&feature=related
that sound there with the flesh hit. i think i dont know id like to have it anyway.
sounds for battle scenes, "mood" (dramatic sounds not real effects)
sound to denote movement, good woshes, fash sharp mutliple swipes
scrapes, slides,thuds and throw sounds, scratches
maybe media converter can do this.

if someone has a way to make and record good 'foley generated' sfx that is great. like animal walking sounds. if i  have a way to i'd try. i have objects at home and fur pieces, maybe smacking them around can make a sound for anyone to use if they need fighting animals being thrown around sounds.

=====================
[
also! ZACK! where do we know and find wich critter is a male or female, the extras and the new characters, is the snake a chick? is that koala the animalss on pages 21,17,25 any given sex/gender?
how old is Keratin?

====================
if we can pull this off good maybe we can somehow be cooler than
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlliKatNya
and make an animated one
Im sure we all can find someone in our lives with recording studios to borrow.
and have connections on and off line to have someone who'd help make music.
or...like...pay the licance fees for some *gag?*
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:06:43 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »

If I had a mic I'd do a few voices; I rock with voices.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:31:19 AM »

I actually have no idea about voices or voice types. I don't enunciate the characters' text in my head, I only write it down. If 10%+ were a studio production and calling for voice actor auditions, I would choose the very first person who walked in the door for each character. My rationale behind this is that, in life, we don't get to choose our own vocal chords or throat architecture. Our voices are a work of genetic probability, and perhaps, any kind of damages incurred during life, such as with smoking or scarring. The characters wouldn't be very different in this respect. They'd have the voice they'd get.

So, whoever wants to voice, you don't have to feel bad if your voice doesn't fit in with a kind of social expectation for voices matched with character types. You can be the probability that happens unto the character.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:30 AM »

yeh maybe we can do votes? I wonder who could be the best at a brain fried Meander?
I'm still trying to collect sound efects, even though nothing moves it would be good or bad to have sound effects for  a'full reading' like as if we were talking and made hit sounds for fighting.
but I cannot find sounds like the ones in anime, or multiple swift 'kung fu' swipe swoosh sounds or hit sounds like in games and anime when something gets hit. that "slplice" sound, sllaurt slplsshhhhhh
or animal paws on dirt.
narhg..........can't do it *tired*

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:54:03 AM »

I gots a mic Smiley

I need a place to upload the files... I got rule in page 1 so far Wink
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:58:49 AM by Strokend » Logged

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Hellsion

Live and let Die

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:05 AM »

I wannbe  quintet!

I got my mic around here somewhere...

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"FEED YOUR HEAD

Run away!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 03:24:54 AM »

I can't match my voice for Meander from part one to part two... I'll just start it ALL over... I got a neat sound effect for the pine-cone hitting meander in the head though  Cheesy

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Stella

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:05 AM »

If I had a mic I'd totally want to be Syncope.
Or the HIOT kinkajou.

Unfortunately I'm lacking one. *angst*
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »

So far the best voice I've done (in my opinion) is Rule... I'm pretty good at the Grunty voice Wink

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »

If I had a mic I'd totally want to be Syncope.
Or the HIOT kinkajou.

Unfortunately I'm lacking one. *angst*

do some mp3 payers record? I had a school yard chum at county college *bleeping * record me aginst my concent and played back our convo and laughed. I think it was an mp3 player because he had music on it as well.
*groans*

@ strokend.
ahh good.
I have a mic but not premo sound edditing stuff, I wonder if there is something any of us can download to mix sounds so we can have bird ambanice mixed with the sound of paws on dirt and leaves.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »

Well, I only have a recording program... I'm sure one can just play multiple 'tracks' on the radio at once and record that, though! Grin

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 03:26:44 AM »

I have a mic and a really deep, smooth voice.  Maybe I could help?

Fire represents the creativity and passion that all intellectual and emotional beings have. It is an active force that has the passion to create and animate things.  It is believed to govern the heart, tongue, and pulse its motion is upward and its energy is expansive
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 03:33:33 AM »

I have a mic and a really deep, smooth voice.  Maybe I could help?
hmm who do you think would fit your voice best?
I think I have some speech issues so I don't know if voice acting is best for me. voice rehab yes but having speech clases from 1st or so grade to 7 or so..maybe 9th and i still have my s, and sh's mangled.
"fish" came out feesh, bits sounds like bitch, shirt cert. the kids made fun of me for the shirt one.
hard to dish out a "shut up' at people when it sounded like "sud up"
blahhhhhh. go and yack away lets here a line?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:06:19 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 05:17:13 AM »

One of the teachers, I would be good at that.  Sometimes I drone and have a Southern Illinois drawl.

Fire represents the creativity and passion that all intellectual and emotional beings have. It is an active force that has the passion to create and animate things.  It is believed to govern the heart, tongue, and pulse its motion is upward and its energy is expansive
Stella

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

Do Polarizing!
Haha, I think it'd actually work for him.

I do have an mp3 player/recorder so I'll have to test it out and see how it goes.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »

Hey, Kai, do braindead Meander. If you can't do a British accent I can re-record to fit the accent you do.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »

Meander is British? I don't know how to combine Brittish with slurred slhopy talking. but I am allegedly good at being incoherent

Gecko

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »

Just think of a Black Country accent, haha.  Tongue
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 10:39:37 PM »

I'm playing his voice in a British accent... I can change the accent by re-recording though to suite the type of accent I think fits your fried-halo Meander (He hasn't actually spoken after becoming brain dead)

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 01:27:20 AM »

I'm playing his voice in a British accent... I can change the accent by re-recording though to suite the type of accent I think fits your fried-halo Meander (He hasn't actually spoken after becoming brain dead)

ohh ahh. wait you have a thingy to change accents? woah. I just have basic duh-duh programs ATM, AV mp3 morpher and Cam studio.
and what evder bare basic garbage windowsmovietorture gives for effects and wipes

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »

"By re-recording" means I record the thing over again from the start... Like I said, I only have a program to RECORD stuff.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »

ohh...i see.

The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »

I'm having too much trouble making my lines sound real.  I wish I were better at this, becuase I could do Polarizing.

Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »

I'm having too much trouble making my lines sound real.  I wish I were better at this, becuase I could do Polarizing.

live it, see it, be it. put your self there, inside, feeellll it. become polarizing. sit deep down and inside and step back, wiggle around and find it!
get into a character-trance. dwell on it for some minntues before recording.

is that the issue? not 'getting into character"?

The_Burning

Flames licking your lips

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »

Exactly, tones and getting into Character.

Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »

Exactly, tones and getting into Character.

ahh yeh, well like I said, seeing how the characters in this comic do things with visulations, thinking, and emulations. that can help more! maybe carry around a little picture of Polarizing and visulaize and such.
I mean I'm all talk and no action but my assumptions and realstic ablities lead me to fail at practicing what I preach.
you are not me so give it a try.
"el oh el" and junk. yeh visualize and put it in your heart.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »

They don't have specified voices. Try just speaking, and see if you got it good.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »

Personally, I regard "good acting" as being able to suspend an audience's reality check. This lies in 1) having a script that, when read, does not jar with the audience's memory of such spoken lines, and 2) understanding character motive, so that the inflection in the spoken words can match their content.

Both burdens are on me. If you feel like you can't make a line sound real, it's because the line ISN'T real. It either goes too much against the lines you know that were spoken in reality (and are therefore real), or doesn't make sense when you apply it to a real situation.

The only thing I can say is that in order for the line to sound real, it must become "real": it must make sense in a real setting. Without my involvement, this is up to the actor. How is the line real?

All of the lines in the early pages are decidedly light. They aren't real. I wasn't comparing them with my knowledge of spoken speech. So if you sound awkward to yourself, it's natural. There's no comparison between these lines and reality. The fantastic setting just amplifies that effect.

Later on, when I started to become serious, it will probably be easier to empathize with the characters enough that their lines will begin to make sense--they'll become real. At this point, you can start applying what you think are the proper inflections. After that, it's a wrap.

Kuu's advice is good. Just pretend you know nothing except what the character--the new you--knows. But this is hard, because admittedly, I don't tell the readers a lot about the characters. It's up to the actors to add in what they think they know of the character, and apply that to their lines. Does it fit? It's the actor's job to make it fit, or at least, make it seem like it fits. If a character just sounds ridiculous, then you don't have to be so serious. Go nuts! This is for fun.

Charisma comes from consistency. If you do a lot of lines, the character will automatically start to sound real. The audience won't have any other choice but to accept that after a while.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »

I'm just great at imagining I'm in a different setting... I don't have to pretend to be the character, or will myself to actually be the character, I simply am the character. But still, the advice is good. Start with pretending if you can't will yourself to actually be the character. Practice with that, and you'll be able to eventually become the character.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »

They don't have specified voices. Try just speaking, and see if you got it good.

if you look at some readings of "the black blood aliance' on youtube i thnk there are some good examples of what some want to aviod. a dull droning monotone umph-less "hai i'm reading some words aloud"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LPK7T1cNhZQ&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBDIEvO8HCU&feature=related
for somereason i find this one quite good

they have heart, I've played some games where I thought the voice acting could of had more. thats one reason i dind't like Ff10's Yuna...sometimes..it just wasn't 'there'.
I don't know how much fans have done for the furry comic "Jack" but the've been wanting to do a read-version for a long time.

I still don't know how much editing I should do for images when spliced. I'ts not a totaly new idea, I mean some others are doing pans and such and zooms. I guess thats how one translates the comic to a noisy slideshow.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »

I know that DMFA has a radio project, though that's strictly audio.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 06:15:33 PM »

I know that DMFA has a radio project, though that's strictly audio.

ahh yeh. I know of Missmab's existance, she is/was on the Jack forum and had a cameo I think in it.
awnay if you sill have issue with the active just study the faces in the pannles and frames for mood, someone mad shouldn't be yelling in a nearly monotone fashion. you got to pretend you are just as angrey.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »

I've gotten a 7zip uploaded with the sound files I have... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NWHYJXSO
The volume is crappy, but I've got Rule, Meander, and the two bunnies.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 04:44:39 PM by Strokend » Logged

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »

zounds we have sounds!
I've gotten a 7zip uploaded with the sound files I have... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NWHYJXSO
The volume is crappy, but I've got Rule, Meander, and the two bunnies.
not to shabby, but i dunno. the're good. we all have our own things in our head when we read. and assume there is excitment in their voice, desperaton, annoyance, and all other emotions.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:01:41 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 03:35:08 PM »

It's not the emotion in the voice, it's the volume. I couldn't get the microphone to stay in the same place... I should use the computer I have the headphones on, that way the mic will always be in the right position.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »

ahh. i guess i see.
i'm going to need imput for one of my crazy panning effects. its an issue of left to right and right to left for pages 74 and 75 and if its logical to even mix up the pannles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeYZKd6loN8
left to right
right to left

2 pictures 2 directons. with zooms on one.

thAT leaves maybe 8 combonations,

74 and 75 after eachother, left right, right left, top and bottom
74, top bottm, left right, right left.
75, left right right left.

maybe 10 combontions?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:20:10 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »

I like "D," do that with both pages and it's good Smiley

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »

Oh also, do you think you can add effects to your voice acting, like when your roles might be out of breath after fighting, or like during the scenes when Meander is doing math problems while running. Can you fein being 'out of breath' or speek as if you are? (either that or run in place or jog around for authinticty)

yeh, it is a design thing and astetics. I also am reminded of those stupid/odd/creative scenes they use in film and animations. Maybe games also, where they show the same scene from differnt angles and flash-wipe them and maybe ad some sound like a slap-snap and it kind of dosen't flow, then it goes back to one angle and continues. just think about the description and you'll  understand, and see why I had in the suggestion of showing one scene before one that cronologiclay follows.

Its back to sound hunting for more parts and the cuttingbord(photoshop) to make 7 min long(give or take) scenes. sounds for fight scenes is the hardest! where did the guys who made the Ginga(or any action fighting show) series get their sounds aside from a posslbe foley studio. druhhhhhhh. o

I also might need help with an 'opening', wich would hopefully act like opening credits, problem is i want an image(s) next to their voice roles. but windows torture devise won't do that. and video spin basic has less features.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:10:28 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »

Just do the character pictures followed by the Forum name of the voice actors. Credit "NofNA" to Zach, of course.

Yeh, I can feign out-of-breath. I'm a frikin' role-player, in and out, not just on the net but out in the real world too.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »

Just do the character pictures followed by the Forum name of the voice actors. Credit "NofNA" to Zach, of course.

Yeh, I can feign out-of-breath. I'm a frikin' role-player, in and out, not just on the net but out in the real world too.

fa tasticss

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

Please add a post when you update the youtube stuff Wink

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 01:54:17 AM »

Please add a post when you update the youtube stuff Wink

i guess i could and shold i normaly edit the main topic.
ive been making silent test runs of the scenes, then maybe have some feedback on the transitions. this one is going to have a lot of 'animations'

"moral conflict" will be long because there is a lot of dialouge in the cave scene. unless i edit and rename parts to something else. yeh super silent test run.
id rather have a system for these scenes really. I'd prefere it to end from that exibition scene and 3 pannles into page 26.

youtube only allows a 10 min upload. i can ad up to a certain ammount in page 25, but it will end awkwardly. more so then this here. uh hopefully things can happen good upwards.
i can typical fit 4 or so pages into a 7 minnute uh..movie file.
scenes with no talking don't have a legnthy screen time.
I mean I thought I'd want to link the two, maybe it dosen't blend that well.
I'm just not happy i could not fit 3 min and 20 seconds at the end of this. it goes to 11 minute, to long for youtube's 10 min rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymCVVN9uUE
"moral conflict, prt 1"
part 2 is like..... 4 minntues long. lulz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtS_x65Qt8

is there enough time for the voice acting?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:24:41 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »

Well, I know you update the title post, but we won't know it's been updated unless we look at it specifically. So it'd help if you mention in a new post that you updated something Wink .

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 12:57:19 AM »

Well, I know you update the title post, but we won't know it's been updated unless we look at it specifically. So it'd help if you mention in a new post that you updated something Wink .
i was trying to think of a system, like *update:1, 3 ,2
or such.
oh also. try sending me an audio clip with the slurd meander speech, i wonder what i can hit it with in audasity, like wah-wah.
or something.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:11:21 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09:58 AM »

For now, do you think you can modify the first bit with the new sounds you have? I'd love to hear myself on the net Tongue

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »

ah ok, maybe  i can crop them seeing as how you are all I have.
I did work on partirtioned halo, but have some issues with knowing if there is enough time for talking and i second thought cutting up some pannles.
(the thing hates me along with W.M.M. i swear i need to play with someone's adobe premiere)

should I just refere to you as "strokend" or 'so and so "strokend" whatshisface'

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:50:42 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 07:54:20 PM »

Hmm... Just "Strokend," I'd rather not give out my name on it for now...

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »

urhg. i think i might want to see how  can do this endevor differnly. like borrow premieair or something.

man this is horrble having only one audio layer to work with.
also Strokend 'thanks for letting me know' that there isn't enoiugh room for diolauge. I think I'll see what I can do in a differnt program and re-do things.
wich might mean I'll need voices sooner. I'll try to do what I can for transitions and stuff.
also am i missing lines from you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNA6aak59Hc
there you go.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 06:21:30 AM »

Heh, sorry. I didn't try playing the recorded voices alongside the video. The bits of voicing I left out were either stuff I missed, or weren't there when I typed up my script.
Edit: Yeah, you inserted the "and then he picked up a rock..." bit. I made the sound files before you made the first 'unanimated' video.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:27:18 AM by Strokend » Logged

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

OH you recorded before hand.
I seeee.

also I am told that tings in opaque white speech bubbles are not spoken, so i guess that pine cone saying "hahah thats what you get" isn't spoken.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »

It's like, you have an echoing, quiet-ish voice for them, like it's echoing through their 'brain'

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »

Hi guys, let me pop in here and explain the third balloon type:

The first balloon is for spoken words.
The second balloon is for spoken thoughts--thoughts that occur in language.
The third balloon, which I invented, is for thoughts that do not occur in language. Giving a character's voice to what appears in these balloons makes a connection between the character's consciousness and the balloon content, a connection which may not exist. Because of this, it may be best to leave their content up to the viewers' eyes; they are getting an inside glimpse into the character, something which even the character may not see.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »

so the one with the symbol should have some reverb and a change in the VA's voice?

that is helpfull anway, maybe add it to your about section. like 'visual glossery"

Kest

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »

Well, I've noticed that in a lot of animes, thoughts usually have the reverb.
x3 I like this un-animated film idea. =) I saw the 1-5 w/voices video...I like the camara pans, and the use of the old images mixed with the new definately adds something...I like the voices generally, but they could be a little more animated. </constructive criticism>
I'm thinking of trying to voice the bunny. ^^ I tend to have a kiddish voice, and I had the impression that the bunny would be young enough to still be voiced by a girl...
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »

Go for it! I honestly have trouble doing too much different voices. Four is even a bit much for me.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 01:41:30 AM »

Well, I've noticed that in a lot of animes, thoughts usually have the reverb.
x3 I like this un-animated film idea. =) I saw the 1-5 w/voices video...I like the camara pans, and the use of the old images mixed with the new definately adds something...I like the voices generally, but they could be a little more animated. </constructive criticism>
I'm thinking of trying to voice the bunny. ^^ I tend to have a kiddish voice, and I had the impression that the bunny would be young enough to still be voiced by a girl...

ohh thank goodness someone likes the pans. so far I'm using the shoddist programs, I go to art classes in a place that has a splinter busuniess that does web type stuff for people who need it, I could borrow Premeair from them I think.
WMM is very agravating, so i make my pans with cam studio.
Pinicle video spin pro(or plus?) pans.

if you have friends that could do the background characters that could be good. I have someone who I asked if he wanted to help, I have a windows audio file of one of the ground squrril lines on the page where Keritin's son gets auctioned off.

as for anyone who wants to do an animated counterpart for 10%+ anime studio might be good and anime style. seeing how sometimes in anime some scenes don't move.
I could help and 'donate' my "sound collection" (hahahah take that!) so its easier to hunt for what I saved.

i was thinking of doing the test run videos with voice directing and add things like *frustrated grunt* *astonished mumbling* *stressed*  subs for who does the parts to get an idea.

the test runs of pure silence, feed back for transitions and pacing.
its to late to care for spelling errors.

Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 02:07:16 AM »

so the one with the symbol should have some reverb and a change in the VA's voice?

It could be interpreted so. That third type is almost a narrative; it could be read by you. Be creative with it. To me, the first and second types are always spoken.

I've always wanted to make a type of about page with that, but I have yet to compile my thoughts on "how to read NofNA" enough. I also don't want to be too adamant. Maybe it's best left unexplained.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:09:14 AM by Zachary Braun » Logged
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »

ah well it was confussing to me in the beginging to the point of having to re-read it. like when meander first friend his brain, I swear the spidar was talking to him somewhere and somehow.
and I was wondering what those little circule things with the line through them ment.
tought maybe it had to do with how it shold be read, not by whom.

Deaddancecrow

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »

lol just had the time to watch the videos (in school youtube is banned by the admins....) and you're really good XD
I have a microphone, I could lend you some voices
fiat or keratin's son? if it's still up to date

man I have enought time now..schools out

You can call me DDC...
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »

We're still working on it Wink

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »

lol just had the time to watch the videos (in school youtube is banned by the admins....) and you're really good XD
I have a microphone, I could lend you some voices
fiat or keratin's son? if it's still up to date

man I have enought time now..schools out
i dunno Howling Voice from the oekaki that this gets made on would like to do a voice, quitent or fiat, she has a microphone.
I'm wondering if I should work on a 'first to deliver' process or give 2 weeks to deliver some kind of test.
i got a friend to try the wood chucks who put in bids for coyote. well just one part.
stupid wma file.

Deaddancecrow

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

well you could make some appointment to deliver our voices in .wma or .mov whatever you need
so you have the voices
let's say you choose some pages and we speak the text? maybe the first panels or sumthing...so we could finaly move on

You can call me DDC...
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »

I think I do a good Rule... It's a bit... ...strange for me doing the bunnies, and I'm not entirely sure how good I am at Meander...

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »

well you could make some appointment to deliver our voices in .wma or .mov whatever you need
so you have the voices
let's say you choose some pages and we speak the text? maybe the first panels or sumthing...so we could finaly move on
if i need to do something in audasity, it dosent accept wma.
blarrgwgggggggggg!

Deaddancecrow

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2008, 09:57:33 PM »

so it should be .mov then? why not use a programm that doesn't care for that...

You can call me DDC...
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »

well then what do I replace audasity with? if i need to tweek audio?

send a wav file or mp3 for the chitchat sound diolauge bites.

Deaddancecrow

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

any dialoge your prefer?

You can call me DDC...
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 02:21:53 AM »

woah I'm confussed now.
the talking parts for the comic that one's eyes and brain would read.

like if they are speeking in  a cave add some reverb for the echo feeling, or make a voice more manly, old, young. what ever. you know right?

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »

I think DDC means a certain page or something.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Deaddancecrow

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »

yeah I meant a page...so we could read a character and you can choose if you like it or if the quality is alright
for your cave thing...a bathroom or toilet should give the deep reverberation
tried it once before long time ago XD

You can call me DDC...
tagcat

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2008, 07:18:21 PM »

Fwheee. Finally found the forum.  Well I'm up for doing a voice, or multiple for crowds or something. But i cant do to mature voices like quintet. I'm only 14, so i have a pretty 14 year old voice >.> I might need a bit of help finding who to do to. But I'm having a look through the list |'D
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »

Tag, theres always the one liners like that "the rain is smelly this time mommy", or Kertin's son.  one of quintents living siblings.
uh...Millinery(?) I mean a mouse would sound young?
if it comes down to needing a vote then its good?

tagcat

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »

Ill give one of quintets a go.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »

oh hey we have a new character, Polorizings daughter.

tagcat

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

Ohhh hooooooooo.Maybe. I haven't recorded anything yet (soooo busy!) but I could give it a go |'D
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »

In the mortal words of Zach... Well, I may not have it accurate, but it's something along the lines of, "Matured animals may have what humans consider child-like voices, and visa-versa." So Quintet may very well sound like that, but I think she's already taken.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:22 AM »

In the mortal words of Zach... Well, I may not have it accurate, but it's something along the lines of, "Matured animals may have what humans consider child-like voices, and visa-versa." So Quintet may very well sound like that, but I think she's already taken.

well a mouse with a deep voice is funny. Nah. so even an elephant could sound like a wispy baby voiced 7 yr old girl? If its a female? 0_o.
blooper reel time?

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »

Even if it is a 'bull elephant' (as in a full-grown male, such as a bull bovine), it can have the wispy baby voice of a young human girl. Falsetto (or however it's spelled (heh, I accidently typed 'tis the first time somehow, even though the apposterphy is SUPPOSED to be the third character, not the first)) either does or does not match the animal's voice.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

ah, well we need to I guess see the personality then? what fits?

like how many agree to see rule with said "grunty voice"
the powerfull, self assured authority figure.

is Quintent the kind to sound whiney? someone who said she wanted to do her sees her with a Scottish accent(not on fourm)

well this is good in a way, the rodents  can have unsteriotypical "chipmunks" voices.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2008, 04:55:58 AM »

I say Monkeys should get human-related voices, since they're so close in the evolutionary line thingy.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Hellsion

Live and let Die

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »

do you still need any female voices?

I gots me a mic  Grin

Have fallen sloppy dead
"FEED YOUR HEAD

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 12:46:58 AM »

i dunno give it a shot. I've been prowling youtube finding people who would be intersted, maybe we can do voteing maybe not.

is CB the jackdaw a girl or guy? what about uh taillium and amayata (i cannot spelll science words)
there is that mouse millnernary. whos name i looked up.
has something to do with hat making.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

His name is "Millenary" which means of thousands, namely relating to a thousand years.

And it doesn't matter the gender of NofNA's people, except for monkeys if you go by my idea. Like it's been said a lot of times already: The voice does NOT represent the gender or age!

PS: Kai, no offense, but I can barely understand what you're saying in the vids that have your voice (Gazelle from Stonebrook, "Green Cat").
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:13:19 PM by Strokend » Logged

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

i mean the colors they speek in.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »

No, not the color mentioned, but your voice for them in the videos... It sounds like you're in an auditorium speaking at a bit of a distance...

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2008, 03:37:53 AM »

i need to start spliceing again now that 10%+ is over.

No, not the color mentioned, but your voice for them in the videos... It sounds like you're in an auditorium speaking at a bit of a distance...

bathroom.
its a bathroom.
the closest thign I could grab to a recording studio.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »

I just record my voice in the living room, where the computer is. For this, you don't need a studio, just the microphone and a recording program.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »

i started cutting up pannals again. its colder so i'll have no attintions for this i didn't abandon you all.

I'm also wanting my hands on a better program.

boy cutting up the pannal is hard.

and making fitting senceable 'episodes'

Shastealer2

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2008, 02:36:33 AM »

I am interested in this project. I will take any role for you.

Most of my voice is on my username of YouTube - Shastealer2
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2008, 02:40:07 AM »

yah glad you came. more the merrier

fooom.

I'll figure how to annex those fight sequences and rerange clips for "episodes"
5 pages or so fit in a 10 minntues. but i think rearranging my folders might help. or maybe not. it depends on the time spent focusing on a pannal.

should I stick with a typical "10" minnutes? or as i see that a large 'scene' ends.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:46:41 AM by Kaiyodei » Logged

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

I say the ten minutes, for most. Leaves a bit of suspense for those who don't read the comic itself.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »

yeh. plus youtube only allows 10.

i still need allowance for credits and 'opening title'

and then go back to cutting it up.

buuuu...

and 'filming' fight sceenns.

much on plate.

HEY, does anyone mind if i find people and have them play audition games to be voted on for highy coveted roles?

you know those roles that are wanted so bad, my Quintent never gave me anything.

finding people on youtube is easy, with so many dub prodjects and people who wanted to voice for that "BBA moive" (now just a commerical trailer)
I'll snag a few and ask them to play around to see what the die hard fans think.

then we can vote?

Hellsion

Live and let Die

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2008, 07:18:32 PM »

*cough*

*scratches head*

I did record a few pages but...it was lost after a computer crash, I was doing them all at once...

I'll do em again, next week if ya want.
I

Have fallen sloppy dead
"FEED YOUR HEAD

Jump to: