forum.nofna.com
September 24, 2017, 12:07:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nature of Nature's Fan Art Thread  (Read 16807 times)
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28:00 AM »

Is her tongue sticking out (up, I think) a small bit on the left (our right) side of her mouth?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Deaddancecrow

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

man so much awesome works we got here XD

You can call me DDC...
Zinou

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »

Hey all.

That whole 'trapped in a nightmare' bit...

Sort of leaves me with a sense that there was some point, however brief, where Meander actually realized the scope of what he'd done-- and was doing --to himself. A moment of horror, possibly the last glimpses he had of any sort of intact memory. I've always pictured it to be around that series of 'aghast' panels (that the animation was done after..)

...but Meander then obviously made a choice, the choice, to continue. Was he too far gone to further rationalize consequence, or was it the choice of a determined hero -- and martyr?

Or am I just reading too much into simple determination (or brain damage)? I don't know, and I don't know if you're ever going to let us know, Zach. Smiley

But here's a bit of fanart I doodled in class the other day. Thanks for the excellent story and artwork, Zach.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »

Zinou,

I'm so glad you could enjoy Rule and Meander's story to the point of being able to draw this picture. Thank you very much! It is a powerful image.

No worries on over-reading what's going on at that moment. It's not possible to overanalyze NofNA. The reader determines the reality. Have at it! Everyone!
Zinou

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »

You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoy it. Do I have your permission to include it in my deviantArt gallery? I'll be sure to credit you with links here and to your dA gallery as well.

And awesome, re:interpretations. That's one of the things I like a lot about NofNA ... it inspires a lot of thought. Grin
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

Zinou, of course, please post it anywhere you like. I don't claim any ownership; you're certainly free to do what you will with such a nice piece, including sale.
Kest

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 05:24:11 AM »

There's so much great NofNA fanart. ^^ Zinou, the perspective and lighting is amazing! It's a very powerful picture.

My newest peice of fanart doesn't compare. x3 This is supposedly a drawing of two fan-characters, Mentality and Vehement, practicing a style. There are many, many anatomy mistakes, especially in V (the bunny), but I've never actually drawn a lagomorph before... Vehement is supposed to be a hare, and Mentality is an aardwolf, although she technically shouldn't be so much bigger.
Self-criticism aside, I rather like this. I think that my anatomy is improving, albiet at a snail's pace.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »

It looks very nice, Kest. The dynamism of the crossing leap comes through clearly.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but I've gone ahead and placed it in the reader art folder.
Kest

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »

Why thank you. =D I wasn't sure if the motion was coming across well or not.
I'm perfectly fine with it going in the reader art folder. ^^
Zinou

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »

Hello Zach,

One of my speedpaints tonight was of SV. I thought I'd share. SV is my favorite character in Secretary.

Unrelated but I've wanted to mention:

You have the beginnings of an interesting psychological survey going in your reader base for Secretary. Wink The general polarization of readers to take either SV or the jerboa's side is probably a reflection of attitudes towards school and learning in general. I know I certainly empathize with SV thus far!

Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 02:47:44 AM »

Hey Zinou,

That made my day. What a great image! Sure shows me up...

It'll be interesting to see readers' reactions to future arcs as well. There are some controversial arcs planned.
Stella

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 05:12:12 AM »

Marigold/SV/Squints Verily!
In celebration of Wednesday updates.  He looks all regal and lion like! Haha, I need to practice my rodents.  I'd've done full detailed shading + background but, uh, I'm a tad bit busy.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

Thank you Stella! You're right. I do enjoy the "lion's mane".
Kiniro

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »

I hope this counts as fan art...?

Stella

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »

Haha!  That's wonderful Kiniro!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: