forum.nofna.com
September 24, 2017, 12:11:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nature of Nature's Fan Art Thread  (Read 16811 times)
Stella

« on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:31 PM »

I figured one of these would pop up sometime and since I do have a picture I guess I'll be the one to start it off!  This is where we the readers can give something back to the comic.

Meander and his heat sink:

Done in ink and markers.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »

Thanks very much Stella! For the thread and pic!

Fan art posted here should invariably wind up in the fanart gallery. If you post a small version of a pic here, you can mail a larger version to my e-mail address, zack@nofna.com, if you'd like!
Volute

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »

I like that a lot Stella. Smiley
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »

http://www.nofna.com/gallery/albums/fanart/Ku_10.png

this one is mine. it has that over 9,000 dragonballZ meme too
its an ms paint 'quicky' i wish mspaint had toners like It did on windows 3.11
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:52:12 PM by Kaiyodei » Logged

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:45 AM »

Great MRL Kai! That's one freaky Meander o.0

Resembles him as the threat that Rule sees him as to their operation, and perhaps the bug the bunny sees him to be.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
rumrunner

Your favorite voodoo tramp <3~

t3hvoices
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 07:15:09 AM »

Heehee, Kai.  Grin I love 'em both! Keep it coming.  Wink

I'll put something awesome here. Eventually.
Stella

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »

Thanks all, glad you liked!

Ooh, yes, I love how you emphasized meander with the fiery background Kai.  He looks totally BA in your pic, I don't want to mess with him!

My tribute to Mr. Rule:

He's just striking a dynamic pose and even though I believe the neck is too long and I'm not entirely satisfied with his outstretched hind leg I'm still happy with this picture.  Rule gets some pretty amazing quotes in the comic so I decided to include one.  Inked with a pen and colored with my lurvely markerscolored pencils.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:38:37 AM by Stella » Logged
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »

Thanks again Stella!! I don't think his neck looks too long. On the whole I believe I draw them with the necks too short!

I'm posting it in the fanart section right now.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »

Yeh... He looks great Tongue

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:32:56 AM »

I wonder what other pop-culture and internet culture referances can be made and intertwined into fan art.
Metanoia idol anyone?

Kest

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 02:15:21 AM »

Rule was, for some odd reason, actually my favorite character.
My fanart; Rule, plus his fabulously destructive Galena:

I'm not really happy with this...the pose looks hysterically bland to me. I'll probably re-do it sometime in the future. ^^'
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 04:57:58 AM »

Kest, I think that if he were using Galena over and over again, like when he had to vacate the coyotes, that's exactly what he would look like.

Thank you very much! I'm posting it now. I'm glad Rule could have enough charisma to appear as a person, and not some kind of malevolent foreign entity.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:27:51 PM »

Well of course he's a person. How can you put so much detail into a character and not consider them a person? Well, I suppose a tree as a character, but that's beside the point.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Stella

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »

My second favorite character after Rule would have to be Syncope.

Markers and ink again.
Kinkajou are cute but so hard to draw.
Deaddancecrow

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

very well drawn C:
I may add some too, since I have time now.....pfeew wasn't online for a long time

You can call me DDC...
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

Stella! I just noticed it. Very accurate-looking! Thank you! Sorry to be so late.
Stella

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:30 AM »

Hehe, s'all right.
I'm pretty sure I'm determined to draw all of the 10%+ main characters.

Here's Polarizing using his Supreme Facture:

I liked how his tongue was blue where the spit-bullet was touching it.
Tamandua's have wickedly creepy claws.

I think I like drawing 10%+ fan art because not only do I get to draw animals I normally draw (Wolves and kitties) but I also get to draw those I never even thought of (tamanduas and kinkajous).
Deaddancecrow

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »

hey that looks good! man I should do some too...ok I'll do some this week too C:
you're all soo talented X3

You can call me DDC...
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

That's beautiful! Good on the form and pose there! Very true to life.

For anyone else reading, it's possible to get some neat clips of tamanduas by looking them up on youtube.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 04:08:24 AM »

i need to draw the other characters or some generic fan art. or Fiat with a copy of Halo peeved because the title 'was misleading' or something lame.

those Tamandulas kind of freek me out

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »

Stella, you haven't done Quintet yet... I'd love to see your art on her metanoia (the new one)!

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Stella

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 01:14:20 AM »

Ask and ye shall receive!
Actually I just finished the picture warlier today so it's not Quartet.  If I haven't killed myself finishing up the last ones I'll certainly get around to making one for her.

Quintet is lucky and got drawn on the oekaki!
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »

Awesome! Y'know, I wonder if she based their appearance on her still living siblings? Anyways, which one is her, the clear on or the one in the upper right, I'm thinking?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Kest

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »

I think the clear one of Quintet. She's squinting that same injured eye.
Great work, Stella. =) The poses are excellent. -envyy-

Now for some more Meander fanart. Link!
Done entirely in paint. It was fun but time-consuming, and I got pretty lazy on the background. ^^'
I had a bit too much fun with the airbrush tool. o.o Yay for paint fire?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 07:45:21 AM »

"Out of the fire-pit and into..." wait, what IS it going into? Maybe in the world of NofNA they use the term "Out of the fire-pit and into the magma-stream."

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »

Thank you Kest!!  Very nice work with the airbrush/spray can, which can be hard to use!

Strokend, for purposes of clarity in English, there's a chance that "out of the frying pan and into the fire" might be left untranslated.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »

well if the animals knew/know people they could of somehow adopted the saying/idiom.
sence they don't eat meat you cannot turn it t something like 'from the eagles talons to the lion's mouth"

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

Kai, animals with halos ARE people. Humans are something else entirely: They function in ways similar to the ways people function, but they do not have a halo. They can be active much more than the average person, going far beyond the 10% without receiving harm from it. They do not use noias or alembics, but achieve what the noias and alembics can achieve by using odd devices. What are they? Not people, that's for sure. They don't have halos!

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Stella

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

@Strokend: Quintet is indeed the clear one, it's back when she used her supreme facture... of course she was technically Quartet when she used it... XD

@Kest: Lookin' awesome there, I love the gradient on the fire he's leaping out of.

Annnnd because Fiat became a more prominent character I found myself needing to draw her.  I think it's a hobby of mine to just stare at Zack's poses and dissect them... it's my version of analysis and synthesis.

Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:13 AM »

Very nice Stella, happy to see Fiat drawn by you! Nice pose (I don't want to just compliment my own pose.. nice rendition of that pose?) I like the way the tail frames her body!

Thanks again!  Grin
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28:00 AM »

Is her tongue sticking out (up, I think) a small bit on the left (our right) side of her mouth?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Deaddancecrow

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

man so much awesome works we got here XD

You can call me DDC...
Zinou

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »

Hey all.

That whole 'trapped in a nightmare' bit...

Sort of leaves me with a sense that there was some point, however brief, where Meander actually realized the scope of what he'd done-- and was doing --to himself. A moment of horror, possibly the last glimpses he had of any sort of intact memory. I've always pictured it to be around that series of 'aghast' panels (that the animation was done after..)

...but Meander then obviously made a choice, the choice, to continue. Was he too far gone to further rationalize consequence, or was it the choice of a determined hero -- and martyr?

Or am I just reading too much into simple determination (or brain damage)? I don't know, and I don't know if you're ever going to let us know, Zach. Smiley

But here's a bit of fanart I doodled in class the other day. Thanks for the excellent story and artwork, Zach.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »

Zinou,

I'm so glad you could enjoy Rule and Meander's story to the point of being able to draw this picture. Thank you very much! It is a powerful image.

No worries on over-reading what's going on at that moment. It's not possible to overanalyze NofNA. The reader determines the reality. Have at it! Everyone!
Zinou

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »

You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoy it. Do I have your permission to include it in my deviantArt gallery? I'll be sure to credit you with links here and to your dA gallery as well.

And awesome, re:interpretations. That's one of the things I like a lot about NofNA ... it inspires a lot of thought. Grin
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

Zinou, of course, please post it anywhere you like. I don't claim any ownership; you're certainly free to do what you will with such a nice piece, including sale.
Kest

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 05:24:11 AM »

There's so much great NofNA fanart. ^^ Zinou, the perspective and lighting is amazing! It's a very powerful picture.

My newest peice of fanart doesn't compare. x3 This is supposedly a drawing of two fan-characters, Mentality and Vehement, practicing a style. There are many, many anatomy mistakes, especially in V (the bunny), but I've never actually drawn a lagomorph before... Vehement is supposed to be a hare, and Mentality is an aardwolf, although she technically shouldn't be so much bigger.
Self-criticism aside, I rather like this. I think that my anatomy is improving, albiet at a snail's pace.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »

It looks very nice, Kest. The dynamism of the crossing leap comes through clearly.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but I've gone ahead and placed it in the reader art folder.
Kest

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »

Why thank you. =D I wasn't sure if the motion was coming across well or not.
I'm perfectly fine with it going in the reader art folder. ^^
Zinou

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 12:48:40 PM »

Hello Zach,

One of my speedpaints tonight was of SV. I thought I'd share. SV is my favorite character in Secretary.

Unrelated but I've wanted to mention:

You have the beginnings of an interesting psychological survey going in your reader base for Secretary. Wink The general polarization of readers to take either SV or the jerboa's side is probably a reflection of attitudes towards school and learning in general. I know I certainly empathize with SV thus far!

Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 02:47:44 AM »

Hey Zinou,

That made my day. What a great image! Sure shows me up...

It'll be interesting to see readers' reactions to future arcs as well. There are some controversial arcs planned.
Stella

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 05:12:12 AM »

Marigold/SV/Squints Verily!
In celebration of Wednesday updates.  He looks all regal and lion like! Haha, I need to practice my rodents.  I'd've done full detailed shading + background but, uh, I'm a tad bit busy.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »

Thank you Stella! You're right. I do enjoy the "lion's mane".
Kiniro

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »

I hope this counts as fan art...?

Stella

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »

Haha!  That's wonderful Kiniro!
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »

Very creative, Kiniro!

I have a backlog of gift art to update the gallery with, but when I do, I'll put this in.
melody

RAAAAAAAAAAA

seizuretastic@hotmail.com
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 12:49:39 AM »

...hi

AAAAAAAAAAAAR
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »

That's cool, Melody; I like that color scheme and the "SV" text. I also think the cut-off dark hand pinching the kernel is very well-drawn.

Thank you!
Rooney

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »

Hm. Never thought I'd actually post anything here!
Anyway did a sketch of my favorite character so far in the comic!

Sorry bad quality, had it take a snapshot with my camera soo..I'll add a better version as soon as the scanner is fixed!

I think this came out okay.
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 02:12:48 AM »

Thank you, Rooney! I like the posture of this potential kick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: