forum.nofna.com
December 18, 2017, 04:19:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the world  (Read 49156 times)
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »

Hey! I've got a question... To humans, the word "Anthropology" means the study of human origins. Would the animals of NofNA use Anthropology as the study of their own origins, or of the strange organisms (humans)?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »

ahh i have no clue. only he knows that.
anthrophmorphiclolgy?

Zack what about psychotic animals and uh. ones who are having psychologlocal aliments and animals with seral killing cannilbisms.

I can't think good now I'm sick or something.

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
natoon

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

Anthro refers to humans; as in "anthropomorphism" meaning projecting humanlike qualities onto things nonhuman. The study of animal history would "zoopology" I think.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:29:41 PM by natoon » Logged
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »

yeh. sound right, if there furries then what? deranged homosapian-xyz crosses.
monkey men and werewolve.

Randomcuriosity

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2008, 12:37:22 AM »

I don't think the humans in NOfNA are doing  those kinds of things. Except for the First man-ape guy 120 years ago.

Then again, where'd he come from?
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2008, 02:38:29 AM »

The Ape Man was an early stage of Human, I think, even an early stage of Neanderthal. And it would be written as zoology. You have the word (or part of it), then add "ology" to it. Anthropology comes from the word "Anthropoid" and the suffix "-ology" which means to study.
Quote from: Kaiyodei
If they're furries, then what? Deranged homosapian-xyz crosses.
Uh, what? (I think I properly grammar-tized the first sentence, but I don't know what's going on in the second one) What's with the "-xyz" thing?

Hey, I've got another question about the world of NofNA... Do hermaphrodites and morphodites exist? Are they allowed to exist, or killed right off? (For those wondering, hermaphrodites and morphodites have the sexual organs of both male and female, with their chromosomes having more than one X and at least one Y. The difference between hermaphrodites and morphodites is that hermaphrodites have higher estrogen levels and take more after females, whereas morphodites have higher testosterone levels and take more after males)

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

Hi everyone,

As I figure it (for myself), at this point in time, animal culture isn't advanced enough to conceive of the desire to go out and study things other than themselves. At least, on such a massive scale that it would engender its own field of study. Anthropology is the study of our own societies throughout time. I think this could exist in the animals' future, when things are more stable.

Psychotic and psychopathological animals definitely exist; this is why Nature of Nature's Fist was made in the first place. I at first wanted to showcase the psychopathology of mankind. By the time NofNF became NofNA, I wanted to showcase the art. But psychology is a strong theme.

There could be abnormal genetic mutations, especially as we move further down the line. Civilized animals are genetically taming themselves away from their wild counterparts. The taming process has been shown to engender genetic corruption.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

are you ever going to show us anything about a life of a wild? are are they like normal animals but with halos and are smarter?

we saw Meander go crazy by burn out. will we ever see a real "canniblistic" muderer?

you said there were people here or there what achivments have they done, like in genitic sciences?
like how in my talking animal comic i wanted to add retro-enginerred dinosaurs.
(somehow you can make a chicken grow teeth and a tail and more scales though dinos had differnt skin)

Randomcuriosity

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure that there is a difference between wilds and "Wilds". Like, there are normal animals, with no halo, and halo animals who chose to live like their wild counterparts. (one of my rp chars is the latter, having grown up in the forest.)

I guess (correct me if I'm wrong) you could compare college to a human's "public school" and Halo-wilds to "home schooling"
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »

what about hermaphrodites and morphodites?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
natoon

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »

In a species that is normally male - female, I'm assuming, as a genetic mutation?  From what i can tell, these NoFNA civilised folk are pretty non- stressed out about sexual matters in gerneral.  They don't seem to have any taboos around sex and its practice, although they seem real concerned about not giving in to the "base animal." So I would think, it would be no bigger deal than being an unusual color or having a different hair coat than others of your species.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2008, 11:46:43 PM »

isn't hermaphriditeizm on the rise in polarbears?

Stella

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »

@Natoon: Actually I think there are taboos regaurding sexuality, but the only thing I've seen so far deals with the species aspect.  Meaning that cats mate with cats and etcetera.

This brings up teh question about hybrid animals like wolfdogs, ligers and sparred owls.  Since their genetics are so alike would those kind of pairings acceptable in animal culture?
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2008, 05:29:35 AM »

I should clarify that every animal has a halo brain, no matter the society in which they are born. The vacuous animal--animals like ours--does not exist. It was manufactured by Rule and Polarizing's efforts. Terms like "wild" and "civilized" only relate to which society a given animal belongs, and have no bearing on physiology or "meta"physiology such as the halo brain.

Wild animals chose to remain with their instincts as nature directed them. It was the civilized animals who made a choice to depart from this. Because of the approach to this choice, there may be a slight physiological difference between them that altered their thinking.

Currently, I don't have plans for a story about a wild animal. But it's so early in NofNA's lifespan. Let's wait a few arcs and see.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »

OH? didn't Polarizing say they once were all vacuous?

so I guess one cannot be malformed and born brainless, seeing how one can be born with half a physcal brain in our reality.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: