forum.nofna.com
September 23, 2017, 11:06:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the world  (Read 48039 times)
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

Since NofNA was originally about psychopathology, synesthesia and other pathologies are certainly not out of the question for any given animal. If anyone is making a character with such a trait, put it under the "traits" section in the character sheet.
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:24:48 AM »

what about hybreds? would posslbe hybreeds occure in your world Zack? like how apparently polar and grizzlie bears are crossbredding? and other species can cross breed?

i am on your fourm, isn't that fantastic?
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »

None moreso than in our world. The chromosomal disparities are supposed to be largely the same. In addition, animal society isn't secure enough to allow for acceptance of interracial breeding--like ours was for a while. Later on we may see a more accepted view of different species from the same genus allowing themselves to fall in love, but crossbreeding is not really possible if the genetics don't allow for it.

I would've though you'd like to keep hybrids the domain of your story?
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »

oh yeh i don't want to get rid of the neofauna i just was wondering about closely related crossbreeds like wolf-coyote

Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 02:01:11 AM »

whould multiple personalities exist in the NOFNA world?
what about zelot animals? or is their sociocity and civilazation more than civilized ours? would there be animals with a 'my way or nothing' way of wanting to run things and take over? dictators?

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:09 AM »

They're not as civilized as ours; it seems they're less so. I don't know about multiple personalities, but I'm sure there are those who have the "my way or nothing" or "my way or die" attitude.

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
I replied, "Because sometimes we have to sit down, too."
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 05:34:31 AM »

I think anything can happen this early in the story, with this kind of unstable society.

There are probably instances of multiple personalities, if you mean Disassociative Identity Disorder. (I have a story I'd like to do with that.)
Mew

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »

QUESTION BARRAGE TIME! Cheesy lol sorry.

I was wondering about colleges. Where are they held? Do they have classes, what is the schedule? How are they like compared to our schools/colleges?
And what decides who are teachers? What subjects are taught, what, say, graduate courses are there?
*needles for information* What would a normal animal do to enroll in the college?
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 04:25:25 AM »

The answers to all of these questions are variable. I'd assume that because animals lack a sophisticated communications network, colleges would be set up much the same as wushu schools were in the far east many centuries ago. Every school had its own style (In this case, styles) and mode of operation. We may see all sorts of practices across the globe as the concept of colleges spreads with time across the animal kingdom, and as new style technology is developed.

I never think too hard about it unless it's necessary. There's a lot of variety in this world. Try to imagine how you would run an institute that would teach the pride of civilized conduct through sharing each others' resources, while at the same time investigating the natural world, like an art school.

The one thing I can honestly say I never even considered are graduate courses. I thought they didn't exist. Feel free to make me wrong!
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »

I always thought the metanoia was the graduation course...

Hey! Here's a big, good 'un!
I plan on making another char (Yeh, I make lots of chars usually), this one a(n?) HIOT agent (Speaking of, is it pronounced he-ought, or Ehch-eye-oh-tea?). I know they don't know much about halos at the current time, but I was wondering... Are halos fitted to one specific animal? Or, can they be transfered/traded? If they are transfered, does it give the recipent the functions the halo was able to function for the previous owner, any functions the animal is capable of (even if not of the original owner), or does the conscience exist within the halo, and so it's like that person simply acquires a different body?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
In a silly conversation, my sister asked, "Why do guys have to learn to put the toilet seat down? Why can't we just learn to put it up?"
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:53 AM »

That would be a cool idea. I hadn't even considered it. There might be some kind of horrible shock in the coupling process that I can imagine, where the halos, connecting to the corporeal neural circuitry, cannot connect. But if you can make it work, I'd say it's fair game.

I pronounce HIOT "hee-ought", but you may pronounce it how you like. Spelling out the acronym might emphasize its newness or the importance of each letter.
Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:24 AM »

I always pronounce it as he-ought (or hee-ought as you type it), but wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong. It makes sense, I suppose, that it can work either way. Heh, the char'll be experimenting with dying folk who volunteer, of course. Refuses to work on those who don't volunteer or those who aren't dying (even if they DO volunteer) due to moral reasons. Good to know that things will be possible to research. Otherwise it'd've been given up Tongue

Hmm, here's another question: Do the animals in the world of NofNA believe/have ideas about spirits or spiritual contact? Or do they simply see it as when an animal dies, they become the original nature again?

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Zachary Braun
(Administrator)

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 06:01:04 AM »

I had no plans to introduce spirits or anything resembling spirits into NofNA. (I personally consider Rule's meeting with the wolf underwater to be his interpretation of a sense hallucination from his dying brain.)

But if you can find a way to make spirits work in a world where "nature" is considered the beginning and the end, you should give it a shot!
Kaiyodei

trainwreck of thought

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

That would be a cool idea. I hadn't even considered it. There might be some kind of horrible shock in the coupling process that I can imagine, where the halos, connecting to the corporeal neural circuitry, cannot connect. But if you can make it work, I'd say it's fair game.

I pronounce HIOT "hee-ought", but you may pronounce it how you like. Spelling out the acronym might emphasize its newness or the importance of each letter.

oh my brain was saying hoy-oat or something h-oat.

Strokend

Run away!

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 05:30:24 PM »

What happens to the halo upon death? It's not part of nature, I think, but it exists nonetheless...

Yes, I am yugyna.
---------
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: